5 February 2009

Exercise DVD review part 2

I bought the new Davina DVD - Super Body Workout - for Christmas for myself, and I've finally got round to doing the second part of it. So Tuesday night I did the 40 minute Super Sculpt section, a combination of weights exercises and squats, plus a few abs exercises:

8 minute warm up
18 minute weights and squats section with 1 minute cardio intervals
6 minutes abs section
8 minute cool down

I think that equals 40 minutes!

The warm up was fun, the weights and squats section was excellent, quite a few new weights exercises, and as the exercises are combined lower and upper body its double the work and efficiency. However two days later my legs are still quite painful, ooh those inner thighs! Sometimes I found it difficult to concentrate on both my arms and legs at once but I guess that will come with practice. The cardio intervals are good to keep up the heart rate.

Davina seems to be the only person who uses weights on a DVD which is really good (as weights in my opinion are rather dull and a lot of effort on your own) however she does do quick reps, a high number, with a low weight rather than focusing on building up the upper body.

The abs section was fairly straightforward, but I find my neck aches after a couple of minutes and I can't complete all the exercises, again just practice needed. And the cool down was fine - fairly standard.

So I will definitely be doing this section again, a great toning workout but at present I think my legs will only be able to cope with it once a week max!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had good luck with it! I'm not a dvd person myself, but someday I should probably give one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are useful to have round as a "just in case". I always rent a new one if I'm not sure if I'll like it, to try it out.

    ReplyDelete