20 February 2009

Jogging update

I have now completed the (5 min jog + 1 min walk) x 4 three times. So I think I will move on to the next stage next week. Today I tried to go a little faster at times, and generally it made me start to develop a stitch. So I slowed back down and tried to breathe more deeply and it just about managed to ward the stitch off until the end of the running stage.

I'm now going to give up on the plan I have as I don't like the way it continues, and just increase my jogging time by 2 minutes after each three sessions, and slowly reduce the number of 1 min walks I take. In theory I could be jogging for 30 minutes at a time in 5 weeks! Kind of hard to believe. But then hey before Christmas I couldn't jog for more than 1 minute at a time.

Nearly a disaster today - I exercise at lunchtime, and I work in an office. Today there were only two of us in, and while I was out the other person went out for lunch, locking internal and external doors as no-one remained. Unfortunately I only take the external door key with me - it was jolly cold sitting in the foyer for 45 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. how was the weekend? any time to do your interval jogwalking?

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete