7 February 2009

Exercise update again

Its not been the best week for exercise - but that would be because of the snow that has fallen all week and ruined most of my outdoor plans. I had two days off work because the public transport was cancelled and I had no other way to get in. I got a lot of housework done that had been waiting a long time though!

I managed one run mid week - and I managed to get up to the next stage which was great! I did:

8 min warm up walk and stretch
24 mins - (3 min jog followed by 1 min walk) x 6
8 min cool down walk and stretch

And it was absolutely fine. I did make sure I started off slowly and didn't speed up until about jog 4. In fact I think overall I could probably walk faster than I am currently running. Never mind, its the minutes that count, the speed and distance come later.

The weather still looks very cold and icy at the beginning of next week so I'm not sure how well that will go either.

I did get on the exercise bike this week today, I did a new record today of just over 330 calories in 45 minutes. And my legs have finally stopped hurting from the Davina DVD!




No comments:

Post a Comment