24 January 2009

Exercise Update

I did another run on Thursday, with the 2 minute jog/1 minute walk cycle. I made it through, although it was hard work in the middle. I just slowed down until I was going really quite slowly, but still running, as I think at this stage stamina is more important than speed. I might try to add a couple more minutes of jogging in next week. I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it, but I can always go back again if I don't make it.

The exercise bike is going well - I beat the 300 calorie mark the last two times I've been on it (in 45 minutes). So I'm quite pleased with that. I've been increasing the intensity slowly and I seem to be coping with it. I'm not sure how accurate the calorie counter on the bike is, but I guess its all relative and if I keep beating my own score then at least I'm burning more calories each time.

I haven't quite got round to doing much in the way of toning, strength or flexibility exercises in the evenings. We're very busy at work during January, so hopefully when February rolls round I may feel a little more like it. Maybe I should try and start slowly, just doing 10 minutes at a time or something. If I've already been for a jog or on the bike I feel like I've done enough for the day, but I really need to do a bit of strength work as well. I think I need to try and strengthen my stomach a little - maybe it will make me less likely to get a stitch when running.

No comments:

Post a Comment