19 January 2009

Tried a new route

Today I tried a new route for my run, I want to try and have only a 10 minute cool down walk instead of 15 minutes. Well, the route I tried didn't work. It was one I had walked many times before, but I hadn't realised how many small inclines and hills it involved! They are really not as obvious when you are just walking. Plus the route had a lot less grass on it, and running on pavement is a bit harder on the knees.

So, anyway, I was doing the same plan again with 2 mins jog plus 1 min walk x 7 with a little walk either end. I again lacked in energy in the first half but I think it could well have been due to those unexpected hills. I started getting into it towards the end again. I'm still going to have to stick at this stage for another couple of runs at least though.

The route I did had only a 5 minute walk at the end - not quite enough. I think I shall go back to my original route and modify the middle section a little. The problem is it takes 10 minutes to get to the nice flat grass bit whichever way you go and I've been trying to avoid jogging back down the main high street where everyone can see - I think I just have to get over that!

And as for stretching in public - oh I feel very silly doing that! I think I shall just move on to doing it in my office before I go out and when I get back, not ideal, but its very hard to stop in the street and stretch.

I didn't have a great weekend, very tired and headachy all the time. Its our busy period at work at the moment, and its all getting a bit much. Still I had a good nights sleep last night, I think I'm surfacing again, as today I felt some energy returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment