16 January 2009

Running not so good

My last two running sessions have been deteriorating. Yesterday I did the same plan as Tuesday, with the run/walk programme consisting of 2 min jog followed by 1 min walk x 7. I JUST made it to the end.

Today I did the same thing, but first I got a bad stitch, and then my energy just gave out in the 6th jog. So I gave up the running and just took a brisk walk back to the office.

I think I'll have to try again with that stage next week and see how it goes. I have been quite tired and busy this week so I don't expect that helped on a Friday.

Tomorrow I'll either have a go on the exercise bike or have a go at the second half of my Davina DVD. I have to go into work in the afternoon so I'll see what I feel like when I get home. Hopefully I will be feeling a little more awake tomorrow after an evening of relaxing.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's the eating patterns- you need something more energizing to give you fuel before your run, perhaps. Peanut butter or a poached egg on toast are both great for getting all fueled up for a run :)

    - Sagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas Sagan! I've been trying not to eat too much before going out at lunch as I thought maybe it was giving me stitch - but maybe I've compromised my energy.

    ReplyDelete