5 January 2009

New exercise DVD

Just after posting my last blog my new Davina DVD (Super Body Workout) arrived in the post so I decided to have a go at that instead of going on the exercise bike. I did the first section of the DVD - Super Fit, which is an aerobics workout including punching and kicking routines. The warm up is about 8 mins, the aerobics about 22 mins and the cool down about 10 mins (total 40 mins).

It turned out to be quite a good level for me, I could follow the routine easily, but by the end of the workout section I had a very pink face and was sweating somewhat. The routine is 11 mins long and repeated twice. There is nothing terribly exciting about it but its something new to do, and felt quite effective. The warm up is good, as always with Davina DVDs, the stretches are held for a good length of time. The cool down section involved some gentle core stability work as well as stretches.

I didn't ache at all the next day. When I get time I'll have a go at the next routine - Super Sculpt, which is toning based.

Back to work today, and back into my lunchtime exercise. I did quite well on the "run" today, developed a slight stitch but managed to keep it at bay. Did the following:

10 min warm up walk, followed by calf stretch
20 mins consisting of 8 x (1 min 15 secs jog + 1 min 15 secs walk)
15 min walk (forgot to stretch again at the end ...dur)

Apart from the slight stitch this was the best I have felt, so may try and move up to 1 min 30 secs of jogging very soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment